The main objective is to promote health, increase energy, decrease need of medications, cure maladies that are caused by unhealthy eating, and prevent serious or even catastrophic medical problems or procedures.
Focus on simple concepts
- Whole grains without preservatives
- Avoid any sugar, anything in a jar, box, or can, and any preservatives
Exercise 30 minutes 5x/week
Practice mindfulness/meditation and gratitude
Some people have specific diet objectives (for example weight loss is more important than heart health) or have dietary restrictions (such as gluten sensitivity). US News has a wonderful site to help navigate these options here.
- Eat healthy grains without preservatives
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
- Eat fish
- Consume moderate alcohol (optional)
- Manage stress
- Mental focus
- Get 30 minutes of moderate exercise 5 days/week
- Endurance (treadmill, bike, elliptical, swim
- Strength training
- Agility training
- Consume sugar
- Consume processed foods (in a box, in a can)
- Eat fast food – ever!
- Eat saturated fat or trans-fatty acids (butter/margarine)